RE: Father of XML?

According to the XML 1.0 spec, the following were the original working group
members:

Jon Bosak, Sun (Chair)
James Clark (Technical Lead)
Tim Bray, Textuality and Netscape (XML Co-editor)
Jean Paoli, Microsoft (XML Co-editor)
C. M. Sperberg-McQueen, U. of Ill. (XML Co-editor)
Dan Connolly, W3C (W3C Liaison)
Paula Angerstein, Texcel
Steve DeRose, INSO
Dave Hollander, HP
Eliot Kimber, ISOGEN
Eve Maler, ArborText
Tom Magliery, NCSA
Murray Maloney, SoftQuad, Grif SA, Muzmo and Veo Systems
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given), Fuji Xerox Information Systems
Joel Nava, Adobe
Conleth O'Connell, Vignette
Peter Sharpe, SoftQuad
John Tigue, DataChannel

I don't see Charles Goldfarb on that list.

How about instead of trying to pick one of these folks to aggrandize with
the title of "Father of XML", we give credit to all of these folks for
bringing us XML. :-)

mailto:mike@wyeast.net