RE: XML Print Publishing Systems?

You could also add Astoria to that list: www.chrystal.com

Again, it is a content management system, not a print publishing system, but
they have a pretty robust integration with both Epic, Adept, FrameMaker+SGML
and XMetal and I know of integrations that have been done with Advent 3B2
for high-volume print publishing.

Cheers,

Kal

PS - they have a Python API too Thomas ;-)

Kal Ahmed
XML and Topic Map Consultancy
e: kal@techquila.com
p: +44 (0)7968 529531