RE: Primary and Foreign Keys and Blueberries

Title: RE: Primary and Foreign Keys and Blueberries

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" wrote:

> Another wrinkle:  going into the relational db and finding out
> that some fields and tables have the same name (noted as duplicate
> declarations in the XML Schema validation) and finding one that is
> different only the by the spelling of a single character but is
> now so deep in the code, getting rid of it would be expensive.
> For now, I will annotate and rename.  I realize I could push
> all the fields into attributes but I really don't want to.

However, (feel free to flame me if I'm wrong) I don't think there are any RDBMSs out there which support the full range of UNICODE characters, or indeed NELs, in table or column names, nor are they likely to in the near future, so at least whatever you do won't be broken by Blueberry.

John