Re: ANN: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

In article <996593189.1232.2.camel@localhost.localdomain> you write:

>Between the qualified/unqualified usage, the codification of QName as
>type which extends beyond element and attribute names, and the use of
>QNames in attribute values used by W3C XML Schema itself, it's
>reasonably clear that W3C XML Schema has enhanced/extended/broken (take
>your pick) what was defined by Namespaces in XML 1.0.

I understand your point, but there is still a clear distinction to
be drawn:

 - Namespaces in XML defines how element and attribute names are
   interpreted as referring to namespaces.  It specifies the
   namespace (or no namespace) that a qualified element or attribute
   name is in.

 - Given an element in no namespace, there are many ways a user can
   interpret it.  XML Schema provides support for two different
   interpretations.  It doesn't change the fact that the element
   is in no namespace.

-- Richard

FreeBSD rules!