RE: ANN: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

[...]
> Looking back at the thread I don't understand the whole
> controversy.  You've created a simple transformation tool that you and
many others might find
> useful.  What's the big problem?

Most of the gripes are over whether unprefixed elements and attributes
are a good thing or not.

The rest is horror over the prospect of slapping this filter over every
bit of XML that you process, and the mess that it might cause.

Of course Simon never actually advocated that. He's just written
a utility that people can use in circumstances where they don't
want to have to place implicit assumptions about namespace associations
in their application, preferring instead to make these explicit in the
document.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Systems Architect       | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitate"