Re: context (was Re: ANN: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing)

At 9:19 AM -0400 8/1/01, Simon St.Laurent wrote:

>RELAX and RELAX NG provides some very cool context-sensitive document
>modeling tools which let you say things like "paragraphs inside of lists
>have a different content model than paragraphs in the main body of the
>document."  (I believe that TREX, Schematron, and Examplotron are
>similarly capable, and have no problems with things like substitution
>groups muddying context.)

W3C Schemas can do this too. It isn't a specific advantage of the other languages. See http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/xmljava/chapters/ch02s05.html#N5583 for one example of something like this.

What I haven't yet figured out how to do with W3C schemas, and am beginning to think may be impossible, is to say that the first paragraph inside a list has a different content model than the second paragraph inside a list.