Re: XMLLight - What do you think?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vadim Permyakov" <vadimpermyakov@hotmail.com>
To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 8:54 PM
Subject: XMLLight - What do you think?

> XMLLight - What do you think?
> -----------------------------
> The SoftCorporation LLC. releases FREE TINY Java API to provide limited
XML
> support for distributed applications. XMLLight is a 100% pure Java
library.
> The size of xmllight.jar file is less then 8 KB.
>
> XMLLight aims to combine the small size, speed and easy of use - all in
one.
> The home page for the XMLLight project can be found in the SoftCorporation
> LLC. Web site http://www.softcorporation.com/products/xmllight.
>
> XMLLight handles well large XML documents and it does not require a lot of
> memory.
>
> Since I started using it - all my style of programming changed. Instead of
> creating Java classes I'm using XMLLight Elements...
>
> So, what do you think about it?

MinML is ~14Kb jar whilst XMLLight is ~8Kb. The MinML jar includes all the
classes to provide a standard SAX1 interface. MinML supports all of XML 1.0
except mixed content (and that will be supported in the next release, it
adds ~100bytes to the jar file). MinML2 supports SAX2.0 in ~17Kb .jar (as
with MinML the .jar contains all the org.xml.sax.* classes needed to use the
parser)

So, do you want to use a non standard interface to a parser which supports a
restricted subset of XML to save 6Kb? If you do then XMLLight is a good
choice.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk