RE: ISO intellectual property (was Standards)

What do you make of

"5.5 I really like the HTML 3.2 specification, but would like to make some
changes, may I modify the 3.2 specification in a few places and redistribute
it? May I call it HTML 3.2.1?

No and no."?

They are also firm about derivative works in the context of their copyright
policies for
documents, schemas, etc, and particularly concerned about XML and RDF where
these schemas
are definitions (if they are non-normative, i'm not sure where that leads?).

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h