RE: breaking up?

[...]

> Sort of a document-says-it-all vs. infoset-says-it-all breakdown,
> complicated by other divides (document/data, object/RDBMS/document,
> etc.).

Are you suggesting that these are orthogonal divides? I'm not sure
that they are, and wonder whether document vs. infoset is actually
document vs. data, just in a slightly different guise.

Exposing these different approaching is a useful exercise, if
for no other reason that illuminating the viewpoints and pre-conceptions
of the folk taking part in the debates.

Cheers,

L.