Re: requesting XML document retrieved from a large and complex one..

[Ju, Hong-Taek]

> I have a very simple question about a XML document exchange.
> In some cases, a part of XML document that is retrieved from server is
used
> to do futher processing by a client.
> This is  inefficient method because unnecessary information is processed
in
> server and trasferred through network.
> Is there a standard or common method to request a part of a large or
complex
> XML document?

The classic way would be to use an xslt stylesheet, but that might be too
slow if you have a really large source document.  It sounds like a job for a
SAX filter - create a SAX handler that saves the parts you want and ignores
the rest, then serializes the result to the output in xml.

Cheers,

Tom P