Re: Zerces 1.4.2, JAXP, schema - can't validate

On Tuesday 07 August 2001 04:34 pm, Pete Sahm wrote:

> I think that is what DocumentBuilderFactory.setValidating(boolean) is
> supposed to do, and, to an extent is doing (as parser does try to validate
> the elements as they are encountered). The JAXP only supports
> setFeature(String, Object).

According to the docs the JAXP Syntax for SAX Parsers and factories is

setFeature(String,boolean)
setProperty(String,Object)

Don't see these methods for DocumentBuilder or DocumentbuilderFactory, which
suggests that is they are available, this is not according to the "pluggable"
design of the JAXP.

At least that is what it seems to me.

Rod Davison @ Critical Knowledge Systems Inc
rdavison@sprint.ca
"Historically speaking, the presence of wheels in Unix has never precluded
their reinvention." - Larry Wall