-----Original Message-----
From: Guy Murphy [mailto:guy-murphy@easynet.co.uk]

Not being a lawyer I can only give a hesitant asnwer, but in the UK I think
it's the other way around... unless otherwise noted material is presumed to
be copywritten, unless you can make reasonable arguement that your
assumption that the content was published with intent for it to be public
domain.

I'll leave it to a lawyer to give a definative answer.