Conversion between table models

Hi list members,

I have to decide according to which table model my company wants our
customers to produce XML data. Basically, we would prefer CALS tables, but
FO prefers – at least, this is the way it appears to me at the moment – a
PDF-oriented approach.

What do we want to do with the data? Well, we want to maintain the option of
either importing the data into FrameMaker+SGML (CALS-oriented) or putting it
through Cocoon to produce PDF (FO-oriented).

Here my question(s):

1) Is there a table model – let me call it an "inflated CALS model" – which
includes also the information necessary for the PDF-oriented approach?
2) Or is there a ready-to-use converter that gets us CALS tables into those
PDF ones?
3) Any other interesting suggestions?

Regards,

Matthias

PS: I don't know how this mail gets along, but I _disabled_ the HTML feature
and sent it as plain text.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Fischer;Matthias
FN:Matthias Fischer
NICKNAME:Matthias
ORG:abc Media-Services GmbH;Cross Media Services
TITLE:Cross Media Manager
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+49 (08241) 968638
TEL;WORK;FAX:+49 (08241) 968626
ADR;WORK:;;Nebelhornstrasse 8;Buchloe;;86801;Deutschland
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Nebelhornstrasse 8=0D=0ABuchloe 86801=0D=0ADeutschland
URL:http://www.abc-media.de
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:m.fischer@abc-media.de
REV:20010509T083609Z
END:VCARD