Conversion between table models

Hi list members,

I have to decide according to which table model my company wants our
customers to produce XML data. Basically, we would prefer CALS tables, but
FO prefers  at least, this is the way it appears to me at the moment  a
PDF-oriented approach.

What do we want to do with the data? Well, we want to maintain the option of
either importing the data into FrameMaker+SGML (CALS-oriented) or putting it
through Cocoon to produce PDF (FO-oriented).

Here my question(s):

1) Is there a table model  let me call it an "inflated CALS model"  which
includes also the information necessary for the PDF-oriented approach?
2) Or is there a ready-to-use converter that gets us CALS tables into those
PDF ones?
3) Any other interesting suggestions?

Regards,

Matthias

PS: I don't know how this mail gets along, but I _disabled_ the HTML feature
and sent it as plain text.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Fischer;Matthias
FN:Matthias Fischer
NICKNAME:Matthias
ORG:abc Media-Services GmbH;Cross Media Services
TITLE:Cross Media Manager
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+49 (08241) 968638
TEL;WORK;FAX:+49 (08241) 968626
ADR;WORK:;;Nebelhornstrasse 8;Buchloe;;86801;Deutschland
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Nebelhornstrasse 8=0D=0ABuchloe 86801=0D=0ADeutschland
URL:http://www.abc-media.de
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:m.fischer@abc-media.de
REV:20010509T083609Z
END:VCARD