RE: Character �

Actually, this was fixed in MSXML 3.0, although depending on the CLSID
(or ProgID) used to create the parser/dom, this may be disabled, due to
problems with backward compatibility.  (Ahh, the joys of human
inperfection.. you ship buggy code and must support those exact bugs
forever...).  If you use version specific CLSIDs for version 3.0 or 4.0,
you are guaranteed to have proper character checking.

-derek