RE: "Uh, what do I need this for" (was RE: XML.COM: How I Learne d to Love daBomb)

> From: Champion, Mike [mailto:Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com]

<snip/>

> I wouldn't claim anything like this for the other acronyms in the SOAP
> world; UDDI, WSDL, and the rest are much less mature, and
> much more subject
> to the critique that Edd Dumbill makes in the XML.com article under
> discussion.

I don't see how these are subject to Edd Dumbill's critique. None of these
are being pushed forward under the aegis of the W3C, at present. So if you
attack these efforts, you are saying don't bring these to the W3C, and don't
pursue these outside of the W3C, either.

So what are they supposed to do?