Generating XML mixed elements using DOM

Hi,

I ma just a beginner with XML so excuse my unprofessional terminology,
please.

In my application I am building XML document using DOM - crimson.jar from
JAXP distibution. I create all the elements using

    Element imageBaseElement = (Element) xmlDoc.createElement("imagebase");
    imageBaseElement.appendChild(xmlDoc.createTextNode("d:\\images"));
    root.appendChild(imageBaseElement);

Let's say I want to add mixed elemen <code> to element root. Element code
contains XHTML code and I don't want to parse it and to create all the
subelements etc. I cannot add it as text element because it will change "<"
to "&lt;" etc. Is it possible to do it somehow. I don't want to create
entire XML document as text file. Thank you

Tomas

---
Tomas Cirip
Tomas.Cirip@theIMO.com