RE: "Uh, what do I need this for" (was RE: XML.COM: How I Learne d toLove daBomb)

We don't have to worry about *object*/database or *object*/XML mapping, but
obviously we have to use an XML/database mapper. We use a pretty simple one
for relational databases, and proprietary developments for other information
systems (like Notes, Exchange or even Tuxedo transactions). Of all of the
project we did using our product, none enabled us to choose a pure XML
database system, because we were dealing with legacy data and legacy
servers.

We have of course reviewed native XML storage systems such as Tamino or
Excelon (your site [1] was a precious resource for this), and considered
their use for parts of our ASP activity. But for the moment we have not made
the step of using such systems, mostly because of the querying/updating
interfaces are proprietary, which conflicts with our policy of non-vendor
specific lock-in. Maybe XML Query will change this. We are as interested as
you in other user's experience of such product :).

Regards,
Nicolas

[1] http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLDatabaseProds.htm