Re: More Namespace Validation Problems

>OK, so I've parameterized the hell out of my DTD to accomodate arbitrary
>namespace prefixes, and can successfully override the appropriate
>declarations to indicate which prefix I'd like to use. Now someone please
>tell me - what do I use for a root element in my DOCTYPE declaration?

The name of the root element of course :-)

You can't parametrize that, because you can't use parameter entities
in the relevant place, but since the DOCTYPE declaration appears
in the client, this shouldn't be much of a problem.

Here's an example with an (out-of-date) schema DTD:

<!DOCTYPE s:schema PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XMLSCHEMA 19991216//EN"
                        "schema/XMLSchema.dtd" [
<!ENTITY % s ':s'>
<!ENTITY % p 's:'>
]>