Dumb XSLT question

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out how I can read an additional XML file from an XSLT transform. Basically, I am converting from one XML doc to HTML in my transform, but I have some global values in another XML document that I would like to include in the HTML output. >From within my transform, can I specify a separate XML document to parse? Maybe do an <xsl:apply-templates select="other doc:whatever" /> ? My understanding is that XPointer allows this, but my XSLT engine does not support that. Any other suggestions? Am I missing something simple?

I realize that I can write an app to do this, but I'm trying to do it in a single XSLT.

Thanks,

Jeff Rosler
Consultant
Flatirons Solutions Corp