RE: Namespaces, schemas, Simon's filters.

At 12:59 PM 24/08/01 -0700, Fuchs, Matthew wrote:
> In the meantime, in order to do the least
>harm to future solutions, I advocate completely excising local elements from
>the namespace mechanism by applying Andrew Layman's Wittgensteinian
>interpretation of unqualified as meaning out of the scope of the namespace
>rec. entirely.

If by "unqualified" you mean "unprefixed, and with no default
namespace in effect" then Andrew's interpretation is the only
one that is consistent with a sane reading of the namespace rec.
[And this seems to be the position adopted by XSD; does
anyone disagree?]  -Tim