Re: Why Are Schemas Hard?

Hi Evan,

> You are restricting anyType here too. The shorthand version is just syntax
> sugar. So I think it's actually easier to learn if you forget about the
> abbreviated version until you know what the full syntax means, which is one
> of the points made in the article[1].

OK, after reading the article I understand why it was written the way it was.
However, to use it as an example for how verbouse XML Schemas are is a bit
misleading since you can use the shorthand version. After all that's what it's
there for.
I agree that you should learn the basics behind the complexType and the type
hierachy before you throw yourself head first into XML Schemas and this article
[1] was very good indeed.

Cheers,
/Eddie

[1] http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/08/22/easyschema.html (particularly the
section aptly titled "Ambushed by Abbreviation")