RE: An open plea to the W3C (was Re: XInclude vs SAX vs

Yet by the mid 90s, optimizers for ADA had been shown
to create code that ran as fast and as reliably as C.
Just as with SGML and now XML++, sharp people carved
off the pieces they needed for their projects and
made them work locally.  What is different in our situation
is the size of the locale in which these things must
work.

Complexity is manageable given willing resources.  My
sense of the web is that anything very complex will
soon encounter and very unwilling set of resources,
so the first thing to accept is that nothing universal
is achievable for very long.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.