RE: Namespaces, schemas, Simon's filters.

There were obviously many in the Schema WG who were convinced that local
elements do not contradict the NS rec.  It's not contradiction that concerns
me - the NS framework provided for local elements by XSDL is currently
insufficient, that's all.

Regarding syntactic sugar, all programming is syntactic sugar on machine
code, but without that syntactic sugar, computing would have never made it
out of the '50s.  Believe me, syntactic sugar is necessary.

Finally, with regards to using attributes to distinguish types, what else is
xsi:type?

Matthew