Re: How to specify a Processing Instruction? (better: howtocontrolencoding on saving)

----- Original Message -----
From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
To: ComCity <mikeb@comcity.com>; <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 3:26 PM
Subject: RE: How to specify a Processing Instruction? (better: how
tocontrolencoding on saving)

UCS-2
> > or
> > > UTF-16 only. If you pass in anything other than a valid Unicode BSTR
> > > LoadXML, it will fail to load."
> >
> > Well, that can't be.  LoadXML is used in numerous other places in
> > the code,
> > that don't fail.  And, in the code I'm looking at, LoadXML just reads in
> > plain old xml in plain old ASCII non Unicode BSTR and it does not
> > fail.  For
> > instance, this piece of code runs fine and has no problem.
>
> "Plain old ASCII", passed in a COM string, *is* encoded in UTF-16.

Load will not work for me at all....no matter what I do, I get an
error.....I think I stated that before....only loadxml will read my document
in and there is no encoding in the starting file....this is it.

  <?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <AccessLicenseRequest>
- <Request>
- <TransactionReference>
  <CustomerContext>License Test</CustomerContext>
  <XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>
  </TransactionReference>
  <RequestAction>AccessLicense</RequestAction>
  </Request>
  <CompanyName />
- <Address>
  <AddressLine1 />
  <AddressLine2 />
  <City />
  <StateProvinceCode />
  <PostalCode />
  <CountryCode />
  </Address>
- <PrimaryContact>
  <Name />
  <EMailAddress />
  <PhoneNumber />
  </PrimaryContact>
  <CompanyURL />
  <DeveloperLicenseNumber>1B571756EDDCC1B4</DeveloperLicenseNumber>
- <AccessLicenseProfile>
  <CountryCode />
  <LanguageCode>EN</LanguageCode>
  <AccessLicenseText />
  </AccessLicenseProfile>
- <OnLineTool>
  <ToolID>RateXML</ToolID>
  <ToolVersion>1.0</ToolVersion>
  </OnLineTool>
- <ClientSoftwareProfile>
  <SoftwareInstaller>yes</SoftwareInstaller>
  <SoftwareProductName>SalesCart</SoftwareProductName>
  <SoftwareProvider>ComCity Corporation</SoftwareProvider>
  <SoftwareVersionNumber>3.50</SoftwareVersionNumber>
  </ClientSoftwareProfile>
  </AccessLicenseRequest>