OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: How to specify a Processing Instruction? (better: howtocontrolencoding on saving)

It seems to be happening because you are getting the xml from a
FrontPageEditor.FPHTMLDocument object. FP normalises all space although
I'm not positive that FP would do that here ;-). Goto Tools/Page
Options/HTML Source and make sure the Reformat HTML using the rules
below is unchecked.
Here is a little javascript to show you what you need to do and that it
isn't an xml problem

var xmlSource = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0");
var xmlNew = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0");
xmlSource.async = false;
xmlNew.loadXML("<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"ISO-8859-1\"?><foo/>");
var lictext =

C:>cscript above.js

New.xml is saved with the required white space and encoding.

Ciao Chris
P.s. your original UPS document is invalid. It is declared as 
<?xml version="1.0"?> and yet contains "UPS ONLINER TOOLS ACCESS USER
R is invalid in a utf-8 document.

XML/XSL Portal

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ComCity [mailto:mikeb@comcity.com] 
> Sent: 30 August 2001 01:52
> To: s.livingstone@btinternet.com; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
> Subject: Re: How to specify a Processing Instruction? 
> (better: how tocontrolencoding on saving)
> P.S.  This is my code, maybe you see something I did wrong.  
> I know I used LoadXML...instead of Load as you described, but 
> I get an error when I use Load.  The Msgbox in the If 
> statement catches the error as "Could not Open XML Access 
> License Request." and then the line AccessLicXml.replaceChild pi,
> AccessLicXml.childNodes.Item(0) further fails because 
> AccessLicXml is empty.
>     Dim AccessLicXml As MSXML2.DOMDocument
>     Dim XmlRoot As IXMLDOMElement
>     Dim XmlString
>     Dim MyPageDoc As PageWindow
>     Dim MyDocObject As FPHTMLDocument
>     Dim ShippingLoc As String
>     Dim ReqXmlStr As String
>     GetPath FpApp.ActiveWeb.RootFolder, ShippingLoc, False
>     ShippingLoc = ShippingLoc & "/ups/accesslicensereq.xml"
>     'ShippingLoc = ShippingLoc & "/ups/ups.xml"
>     FpApp.ActiveWeb.LocateFile(ShippingLoc).Edit
>     Set MyDocObject = FpApp.ActivePageWindow.ActiveDocument
>     Set AccessLicXml = New MSXML2.DOMDocument
>     ReqXmlStr = MyDocObject.DocumentHTML
>     Set MyPageDoc = FpApp.ActivePageWindow
>     MyPageDoc.Close
>     If Not AccessLicXml.loadXML(ReqXmlStr) Then
>         MsgBox "Could not Open XML Access License Request", 
> vbOKOnly + vbCritical, "SalesCart Error"
>     End If
>     'Dim pi As IXMLDOMProcessingInstruction
>     Set pi = AccessLicXml.createProcessingInstruction("xml", 
> "version='1.0'
> encoding='ISO-8859-1'")
>     AccessLicXml.replaceChild pi, AccessLicXml.childNodes.Item(0)
>     MsgBox (AccessLicXml.xml)
> Anyway, I'm either totally lost or none of this stuff is 
> working the way everyone says.