RE: How to specify a Processing Instruction? (better: howtocontrolencoding on saving)

Again: please *read*
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnxml/html
/xmlencodings.asp>:

Now, be careful you don't let the XML property confuse you. The XML property
returns a Unicode string. If you call the XML property on the DOMDocument
object after creating the ISO-8859-1 encoding declaration, you will get the
following Unicode string back:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<test>å</test>

Notice that the ISO-8859-1 encoding declaration is gone. This is normal. The
reason it did this is so that you can turn around and call LoadXML with this
string and it will work. If it does not do this, LoadXML will fail with the
error message: "Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not
supported."