Re: Enlightenment via avoiding the T-word

Nicolas LEHUEN wrote:
> Yes, but as validation and typing are tightly bound in terms of algorithm,
> why not perform them both in the same path, for the sheer sake of efficiency
> ? When validating, you collect a lot of useful data (you know what XSDL
> types you are matching against elements), so why no keep this information in
> a PSVI to give it to the next layer ?

From my reading of the schema spec, this is what a validator does. My
point is that it would be nice if the PSVI was clearly factored so I
could write a processor to just add type information without performing
validation. This would be much cheaper and would be useful in
applications where I trusted the source of my documents.

--
Ronald Bourret
XML, Databases, and Schemas