Re: Enlightenment via avoiding the T-word

"Fuchs, Matthew" wrote:

> As I explain above, a "push program" based on valid XSDL with local names is
> not vulnerable if match statements to match global elements are qualified,
> and match statements to match local names are not and include the parent in
> the match path, is not fragile in the way you describe.

This is only sweeping the dust under a different corner of the carpet
unless one can prescribe a reasonably efficient and productive way of
building the correct match paths to disambiguate unqualified local
elements, which can after all be nested indefinitely deep.

The Normalised Universal Names (NUNs) you describe in the XML Formal
Description are probably the best model for this, but until there is a
way of building this disambiguation support into applications using
multi-Mb schemas, the problem is not in my view conclusively resolved.

Francis.