RE: When To Use Schemas (Was RE: infinite depth to namespaces)

Or read the lastest article from John Simpson

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/08/29/nobodyasked.html

and see if you agree with his conclusion that DTDs,
Schemas, etc (that is, validation) does more damage
than good to XML.

My answer is, no, otherwise we get gencoding/HTML and have
to write a lot of code, but a lot of folks here
like to write a lot of code.  Fortunately, they
aren't usually project managers.  I do agree with
Bray that in most cases, you will find schemas
upstream, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't
learn them.  You should know when to use them.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h