RE: Namespace name: better to use URN or URL?

I prefer URNs since URLs tend to imply that I need to have a web server
running that responds to the URL and can serve up the schemas (please
correct me if I'm wrong here).  I prefer registries that I can query with a
URN namespace to get the schema in question.  I want to go to a registry
(that is preferably associated with a consortium of registries) and register
my schemas and namespaces.  Presumably the registry is governed by some
protocol that can help guarantee uniqueness of URNs (which could be based on
URLs or UUIDs if so desired).

Perhaps one thing to clarify is to ask what namespaces are primarily
intended to do.  If they are meant to uniquely identify something, then use
URNs.  If they are primarily meant to locate something then, consider URLs.
If they are primarily meant to do both, then, IMHO, use URNs.

Brian