RE: building XML while referring to DTD

There are a couple of DTD parsers out there. Check out
http://www.wutka.com/dtdparser.html and
http://www.rpbourret.com/schemas/index.htm.

There are also some data-binding tools that can create an object model from
a DTD. Check out http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxb/ and
http://zeus.enhydra.org/index.html. I've heard that Oracle also has
something similar. You can check out their XML SDK
(http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml/content.html) to see if they have this.
You may also want to look over some of the components IBM has on their
Alphaworks site (http://alphaworks.ibm.com/). I believe they also have
something like this.