RE: Bad News on IE6 XML Support

At 07:20 PM 07/09/01 -0400, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

>Opera and Mozilla have a few missing pieces here and there, but overall their conformance with CSS2 is in the 95%+ range. They can reasonably claim that what they miss is a bug. I'd rate IE in the <50% range. Not the same thing at all. Navigator, Mozilla, and Opera are much further along with CSS support than IE is.

Uh, actually, I'd say IE's CSS conformance is *excellent* - for
HTML.  Until recently, IE5 on the Mac had better conformance
than on Windows (snicker).  IE has never been any good at XML+CSS
and the Microsoft people I've talked to have been up-front that they
just don't think XML+CSS matters.  I disagree, but I don't get to vote
on what goes into IE. -Tim