From: Haresh Gujarathi [mailto:gharesh@vsnl.com]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 5:56 AM
To: Chuck White
Cc: Xml-Dev
Subject: RE: storing xml files into database

Hi Chuck,

thx for ur reply.

I have already looked into the mapping tables mechanism. That is too
painful and will not work for me.

Now this question keeps coming into my mind; (if you read all the
messages in this thread) There are companies like excelon, Ipedo,
Software Ag(tamino), IXIASFOT which offer a native xml server (where xml
is stored in native format as against tabular format in typical RDBMSs)
I wonder what does it take to MS-SQL server, oracle, db2 guys to do just
the same.  Is that too difficult?

What would it take to them to do what tamino, ipedo, excelon does?

regards
haresh