RE: storing xml files into database

I would just like to remind everyone that benchmarking is a black art,
widely misused for marketing purposes ("benchmarketing").  There's a useful
article at http://www.zdnet.co.uk/itweek/brief/2000/36/enterprise/ on how
things have evolved in the RDBMS world so that after many years they finally
have reasonably credible benchmark results.

I wonder if the Transaction Processing Performance Council has any interest
in XML benchmarks ...