Re: storing xml files into database

Frank Richards wrote:

> I believe we're doing just fine keeping our fruit straight. I mentioned both
> his apples and your oranges in my original message, agreeing with Chris from
> Excelon about their drawbacks. (There's also the plum solution of storing
> the whole document as an opaque BLOB).

That you did, so it's probably me. I thought Bill was mixing oranges
(storing the DOM in a single set of tables that apply to all XML
documents) with apples (storing the data in an XML document in a set of
tables that apply only to documents matching a given schema).

Fruit salads were never my strong point.

--
Ronald Bourret
XML, Databases, and Schemas