Re: [xml-dev] RE: Namespaces Best Practice

Evan Lenz wrote:

> Paul Spencer wrote:
> > I'm late coming to this thread, but am I the only one to disagree with
> point
> > 1? (I agree totally with 2.)
>
> This is a bit of a struggle for me too. One analogy would be the
programming
> practice that says "declare variables where you use them." Why have a
> namespace declaration at the top of the document, when you're only using
> that namespace at one isolated element in the middle of the document?

A namespace is much much more akin to a Java package than a variable. Indeed
package imports are so often declared right at the top of the file that I
honestly don't remember off the very top of my head whether this is part of
the actual Java syntax or rather a best practice universally employed.

Jonathan