Re: [xml-dev] RE: Namespaces Best Practice

Rick Jelliffe wrote on Thursday, September 20, 2001

> I hacked together an XML Fragment Interchange server last year,
> and put on a "bubble down" and "bubble-up"  option on it: the former
> put all namespace declarations at the top, the second kept them local.

Looking at this a policy question, I could agree that this is a
case where people will disagree, and hence where flexible
designs are appropriate.  Though clearly the folk who don't
like flexibility will object!

If there are only two policies to support, I like these two; as
well as the easy-to-understand metaphor.

But aren't there issues like "how far do you bubble down"?
Normally I'll think that certain nodes in a given document will
be natural spots to bubble down to, even if some decls could
get bubbled down even further.

- Dave