RE: [xml-dev] Good news for decentralization?

This is good news. There are already a number of vendors working together in
the context of the OASIS Security Services Technical Committee
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/) to achieve interoperable
standards for this sort of thing. I believe they have already had a goal in
mind of interoperability with Passport. It would be a good thing for
Microsoft to work with these vendors to achieve this -- and hopefully in a
manner that respects privacy concerns.

Note that the OASIS SSTC is also specifying a SOAP binding for their
specification. :-)

http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/stories/story/0,10738,2813501,00.html
[2] http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/20/technology/20SOFT.html
[3] http://www.msnbc.com/news/631517.asp