Re: [xml-dev] DIDIER'S LAB REPORT

This ssems conceptually similar to the content generation model found in
Webmacro (http://www.webmacro.org) and Velocity
(http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/index.html). Both are open source
templating servlet engines that apply a MVC pattern to the
management/generation of dynamic content. Neither are explicit XML
engines, but the ideas and code could likely be leveraged to do more or
less what you want.  Indeed, a few months back I discussed a similar idea
with the main developer of Webmacro, and he felt that XML-based
'templating' would be relatively straightforward to implement.

Mind you, his idea of 'straightforward' is very different from mine.

It might be fun to look at these two packages, and see if the ideas /
designs are adaptable.

Best --

Ian