Re: [xml-dev] xml and combo

Why are you using XML/DOM at all? Why not just execute a SQL statement
and read the result set with ODBC/JDBC/etc.? Unless you're sending the
XML across the Web (or something similar), I can't see much reason to
use the XML at all.

Assuming you do have a good reason for using XML/DOM, see section 2 of
the following paper for information about mapping a result set to XML:

   http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/05/09/dtdtodbs.html

For Java pseudo-code, see section 2.2 of the following paper (you can
ignore the rest):

   http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/DataTransfer.htm

Finally, SAX would be faster than DOM for this purpose.

-- Ron