[xml-dev] Ambiguous Content Model

Can anyone tell me if there's an unambiguous (deterministic) content model
equivalent to the following:

     <!ELEMENT test (A | (A?, (B, C)+))>

? And of course, by equivalent I mean maintaining all the semantic
constrains and flexibility of the original. As recent discussions have
described, not all parsers will have a problem with this no-determinism,
but the strictest parsers do balk at the model. So I'll leave some of the
semantic validation to the application layer if necessary, rather than risk
interoperability problems. But I thought it worth asking in case I missed a
possibility. TIA.

Michael A. Rossi
Computer Sciences Corporation
mailto:mrossi@csc.com