   RE: [xml-dev] Re: validating hairy data models (was [xml-dev] Attribute

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Re: validating hairy data models (was [xml-dev] Attribute order)
  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:58:18 -0600

Or just ask questions on XML-Dev.... about anything.
godz always have a good answer even to a bad question. ;-)

<op-ed>A good standard needs to rot on the line for awhile, just
like a game bird.  We made up this myth called Internet
Time and used it to muscle other groups and works off
the line, only to discover that our own groups and
works are every bit as flawed and made worse because
they didn't spend enough time rotting in the wind before
being cut down for basting.   Some people think the revolution
is over, killed by BigCos, lawyers, the music industry,
and so on.  In fact, the normal damping controls kicked in
about on time.   I think the real revolution is
just starting and most of what has happened for the last
ten years was staging.   This revolution is about communication.
Like a performing band, it takes a lot of practice
before even very skilled players can improvise in real time.</op-ed>

len