   RE: [xml-dev] Attribute Order

I realize that this is just the tutorial, but it states:
---------------
The semantics of the interleave pattern are that a sequence of elements
matches an interleave pattern if it is an interleaving of sequences that
match the child patterns of the interleave pattern. Note that this is
different from the & connector in SGML: A* & B matches the sequence of
elements A A B or the sequence of elements B A A but not the sequence of
elements A B A.

My reading of the above is that if the interleaved child pattern is a
sequence, then it seems that it can be interleaved with unordered content,
but not broken up.

I'd be happy if RELAX NG separated out the orthogonal constraint of order
from that of contiguity; i.e., items can be ordered and contiguous, ordered
and discontiguous, unordered and contiguous, or unordered and discontiguous.
I haven't done a careful reading of the RELAX NG spec, but I don't think it
does. I know XML Schema doesn't.