   RE: [xml-dev] validating against the standard W3C

> So if you put those validators and their error messages together with the
results
> from the tool you are already using then you will begin to (hopefully)
creep
> closer to the truth.

And you might check the discrepency against the formal Rec. At least that
way you've narrowed down what you have to read. I will say that it's hard to
find what you're looking for in the Structures Rec unless unless you're very
familiar with it. I often resort to keyword search myself.

Another resource is the Deja-vu archive of the XMLSchema-dev mailing list,
again doing keyword searches. There's a number of Rec mavens on that list
who've answered almost every question at least once.