Lists Home |
Date Index |
Hi xml developers and gurus,
The Castor Team (http://www.castor.org) and the ExoLab Group (http://www.exolab.org)
are please to announce a new release of Castor, the leading open source
data binding framework.
Castor allows mapping the components of a given data format, such as SQL
tables or an XML Schema, into a specific Java representation. This
allows developers to work naturally in the native format of the
programming language, dramatically reducing development time and
simplifying project maintenance.
Castor 0.9.3.9 contains new features as well as several bug fixes over
the previous version 0.9.3. For a full list of changes, please refer to
Castor at a glance!
Castor consists of two main components: Castor JDO and Castor XML.
- Castor XML provides:
* The only open source Schema Object Model that is a Java object
of the W3C XML Schema Recommendation.
* An implementation of the XML Schema date/time datatypes
* A Source Generator tool that creates Java classes from a given W3C
* A Marshalling framework that allows the serialization of Java objects
to and from XML instances. The marshalling framework allows the user to
blend a combination of three (3) different data binding approaches for
greater control and flexibility. These approaches include using the
source code generator, mapping file, and default introspection. They can
be used seperately, or combined in any fashion. The mapping file and
default introspection are ideal for existing object models, while the
source code generator offers a complete solution for interacting with
- Castor JDO provides:
* Java to SQL mapping (object/relational) automates Java persistence
into relational database server using JDBC.
* Supports one to one, one to many, and many to many bidirectional
* Supports eager loading, lazy loading.
* Optimistic and pessimistic locking modes, dirty check or ignored.
* Supports single column primary key, multiple columns primary keys
and key generation.
* Supports local transaction or managed JTA transaction.
* Supports multiple ClassLoader environment, and is JNDI friendly.
* Supports a subset of OQL Query.
The Castor Team is working hard on the next version (0.9.4) which will
include a number of new features such as:
* The Source Generator Binding File that will allow more control on
the generated classes in the Source Generator tool.
* A new internal XML event API with connectors to SAX1 and SAX2
Where can I get it?
Castor is available for download at
Happy Holidays from the Castor Team!
Happy Holidays to all those people who are celebrating a holiday or
holidays over the next couple of weeks. If you are not celebrating any
holidays, please be patient with the rest of us while we take some time
The Castor Team