   Schema Article

Those who aren't regular XML.COM skimmers note that
Eric van der List has published another one of his
thorough and clearly written articles.   This one
compares and gives examples of the different
XML schema languages currently available.

One question for Eric:  in the DTD example,
you use an attribute thus:

id  IDREF

and

id ID

The second one is ok.  The first, in my experience,
makes the instance a little harder to read because
I see  id="somevalue" and immediately think this
is the id of the of element and not a reference.  I note
you do use names like author-ref, so in practice, it
isn't too hard to make the discrimination.   Still I wonder
if

id  IDREF

is a good practice.

Good article!  I enjoy these because they really do
save us a lot of time and effort in analysis.

len