   Re: [xml-dev] Nasty XPath expressions

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 02:41:39AM -0800, Kelvin Yeow wrote:
> I wonder what XPath expressions would cause an "XPath processor" to sweat?
> Any "XPath processor" developer out there?

  Of course expressions requiring to browse the full tree are a real
pain from an implementor point of view (or rather an implementor willing to
get decent speed out of the engine).
  But the main problem is IMHO addressing namespaced nodes especially
when the context don't allow the user to use a QName (like nodes in
the default namespace):

   //*[local-name()="body" and namespace-uri()="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";]

 This is both:
   - horrible to find out and use by users