   The Wheels Are Grinding (Was RE: [xml-dev] XML 1.0 (3rd Edition) (Was: X

There is a lot to be said for a framework in
which technology incubators like the W3C handle
the specifications of products almost ready
for prime time and standards process managers
like ISO handle the now-prime-time soon to be
next seasons rerun documents.

Inner wheel turns fast; outer wheel turns
slow.  The teeth must mesh with as little
friction as can be managed, but yes, something
like that arrangement would free the inner wheel
of managing too many communications and therefore,
get back to cranking out running code by rough
consensus.   This is something for the powers
beyond the maillists to think about seriously.

My employers aren't appalled; sometimes they
are quietly thrilled.  Other times, they
just yawn.

len