   5-byte UTF-8 encoding not supported

All,

We are getting an exception while parsing the XML document using Oracle
parser "parseCLOB"  procedure.. The exception is "5-byte UTF-8 encoding
not supported".

The scenario is like this.

We have a XML document containing a danish character "ø" (as in Søren).
While parsing the document using xmlparser.parseCLOB procedure we are
getting this exception. This document will be generated with the data
from database tables and the database default encoding is ISO-8859-1.
We tried adding the encoding tag as encoding="ISO-8859-1". It fails with

the same exception.

One more observation is the other foreign characters like æ , Æ , Ø (
these are also danish characters) etc we are getting ane exception "
Invalid UTF8 encoding".
What can be the possible causes for these two exceptions ?? Please do
respond..

Thanks
Neeraja

--