   Re: [xml-dev] XML and mainframes, yet again (was RE: [xml-dev] So mecom

David Carlisle scripsit:

> [I]f you ftp a file in text mode from one platform to another
> do ebcdic line ends end up on your ascii/latin1/unicode/windows-xxx
> platform as #85 or as some conbination of #10 and #13 (this is a real
> question I no longer have access to an ebcdic based machine to test this
> myself)

The latter.  But FTP-ing files is not the only way of sharing them;
mainframes can implement NFS, for example, and then there can be
no question of such automatic conversion.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
Please leave your values        |       Check your assumptions.  In fact,